Search This Blog

2018/10/20

Maintenance Backpack, Leak, Marietta Webcams, Photo Documenting Road Fork Section On-Road, Spray Foam

I got my maintenance pack from the car today and here's something that usually drives other hikers wild and that it that it has a dual 3 liter water bladder system.  The reason is that I have a peculiar medical issue that can dehydrate me faster. And this maintenance usually takes place in hot and humid Far SE Ohio.  So, bad things will happen if I don't have enough water.

Lately it's had a leak, but while others state that these issues are the ones that keep them from using bladders, this is a very minor issue to me.  Usually, it's caused by drink tubes not sealing correctly around their nipples.  Today, I'm quite sure that the retainer ring around the cap, which came off, was preventing it from properly sealing, or threading right.  I'll find out tomorrow whether re-seating the cap was the solution?

I think it was yesterday that I linked to the street cams in the Marietta of Washington County area.  They're by BestOne Computers and I believe that a few of the cams listed could show hikers from out of town whether we have snow accumulation in Far SE Ohio.  It's very likely that the northern parts of Ohio can have it longer than we do.  And that could make us a destination for somebody?

Today, I made a video to photo document most of the Road Fork Section - Buckeye Trail/ North Country Temporary Connector's on-road.  But I ran into a problem and I think it's one with the smartphone's hardware.  I use a suction cup windshield mount for my unit.  At that point, I drive with two hands while it's filming and vocally note what intersections it's coming up on.  The problem was with the length of one video segment.  It was exceeding 1hr 15min and as it was recording, the size probably got too big for the hardware to handle and it dumped the video.  I'll probably make these no larger then 40 minutes and put them together in Microsoft Movie Maker?

Yesterday, I did a little bit of sealing up some gaps from the outside to the inside of the motorhome with some spray foam.  I had a bit of buildup on the can's straw and I'm impressed with how it's hardened up.  And it does seem like it's got the ability to flex, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment