Search This Blog

2018/10/04

Hotspot Downstream Conservation

I have an unlimited data plan on two devices with Verizon Wireless. But, the unlimited data with high speed bandwith only applies to my cellular devices. However, I have to use my "mobile hotspot" as the laptop's primary internet connection.  It only has a 15 gigabytes downstream before Verizon Wireless downgrades my speed on it until the next billing cycle.

The files on my cloud services are huge and routinely syncronize.  I've gone beyond 15GB inside of a week.  So I'm uninstalling the Dropbox, One drive and Google's backup and sync. These are still necessary services, so what I'm going to do is tether my devices to my laptop. I can gain access from the laptop to their file systems via the tether. One once done, those services will reside on those devices were the band with remains at top speeds.

There is another thing that could be problematic, but I don't want to write about for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment