Search This Blog

2018/10/21

Current List of Things To Do

There is what seems like a lot of work to do around here.  Let me start from the top of Adventurer's Project's list, which is:

-to repartition the Road Fork Section in to suggested segments.  This a GPS desk task. 

- Write Adventurer's Project's winter plan

- I need to create a link in Adventurer's Project's website to the Ohio Revised Code Section 1533.18, which is a recreational use statue

- I need to download the roads and trails for the national parks and forests in Utah and Nevada for a mock hiker project

- Road Fork and Whipple Sections surface stream data needs to be merged by stream, creek or river.

- They then need to be named

- Re-title the oldest blog entries in Treeman's Adventurer's and Volunteerism Logs.  They were written by date before.  But I'm concerned that when I update them, that they're going to drive my Facebook profile wild with posts?

- Delete old Verizon data.  What I have is more updated.

- We desperately need a picture of a chainsaw, so I'll have to photograph mine.  What we've been using on Adventurer's Project's website is an old clip art image from the mid-1990's because it's public domain.

- Adventurer's Project's coverage area polygons need to be turned down to 15% opacity instead of 65% because of how Locus Maps reads them.  Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this, so I'll probably have to do it on Google Earth Pro and then import the modified file.

- I'll need to inquire if a in-person map vendor must order a minimum quantity?

- Hikes this winter can't be planned.  Instead, we'll be having "Perfect Wave Hikes" that will be called at the last minute.

- Since Adventurer's Project's website deals with recreational vehicles, I need to ask Monroe County what the weight limit is on the bridge to the Ring Mill?

- I'm not sure if geotagged photos in Google Earth are of a lesser quality and I think I need to find out?

- I have some fundraising ideas, but they'll have to wait until Adventurer's Project is formalized.

- Looping routes may need to be added to the website?

- I need to track Ales Run State Wildlife Area for Adventurer's Project's map repository.  I believe that I'm going to have AllTrails host this for liability reasons.

- I need to determine if Eightmile Road, which physically ends, but as per the map continues further north.  Jogging my memory, it might continue north into a parcel of land owned by the federal government and I need to see where it leads?

- In-person Scouting of various parts of the Road Fork Section in regards to places mentioned in it's guide.  This is in support of the Buckeye Trail Association's Digital Mapping Subcommittee.

- Get USGS quads (maps) on GeoPDF.  I believe that I can do this with a paid version of Adobe Acrobat?  They could be useful on my cellular devices.

- The the Marietta/ Washington Convention and Visitor Bureau needs to change the location of the :Buckeye/ North Country Trail from being in Marietta to somewhere else in Washington County.

- I need to determine a rule for redundant posts made to Adventurer's Project's Facebook page.  I want the viewer, who may become members of the various distance trail Facebook media to have unique content on Adventurer's Project's page.  They should not have to get multiple notifications for the same message.  That might make Adventurer's Project's Facebook page loose relevancy, or interest?

- I need to add hospitals to Adventurer's Project's "High Flier Capacity" locations.

- Amend all Post Offices and Libraries with their hours of operation.  This is going to be necessary for hikers down trail.

- My items in Google Earth may benefit from some key words for it's internal search function.

- Assign posting points for Adventurer's Project's Electronic Trail Register.

- Move the miscellanous trail promotion flyer items into county folders on Google Earth and possibly upload to my cellular devices.

- Update my speaker and presentation opportunities folder with everything conceivable

- Update my government official data

- GPS all fords on Jackson Run Road.  There are 4 of them.

- Record track to the cemetery in Lamping Homestead Recreation Area in The Wayne

- What is Frontier Local Economic Development Association?  I sent them a letter via USPS and have yet to get a response.

- Both sections need to be completely photo cataloged.  It's an internal matter as we have people in the upper management of the Buckeye Trail Association who originate from elsewhere in the state.  It's not extremely necessary, but should we need a special BTA maintenance, or trail building project, they may be able to consult an image of the location at their leisure?  The on-road can be done with a video in my car, but the off-road has to be done on foot.  This task may have to wait until May when the forest is under full foliage again.

- Input Wetzel County Visitors Guide in to Google Earth

- Devise a new Traveling Maintainer Certification program

- Get RF on-road's headings at intersections

- Continue considering a method of getting a DR Mower into the Little Muskingum River Flats.

- I need to write the curriculum and make a video for a GPS class

- A document may be created detailing places on the BT's circuit where hunting is prohibited.



Today is October 21st, 2018.  The winter plan has not been written yet.  And that means that the plan for the next traditional hiking season certainly hasn't been devised.  We've got to crack in to those West Virginia markets in the Northern Panhandle as they are essential to stabilizing The Wilderness Loop's NW tier.  We need more of a "battle strategy" than we have now.  And I think that the River's, Trail's and Ales needs a bit more support.  I think that with their permission, we may need to add to it's substance by putting on a hiking program during it.  It might be something like a gear demonstration?

But as of right now, I'm looking into ways that I can take full advantage of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment