Search This Blog

2018/04/03

Smartphone Issues - Likely Hardware Problems

I moved 590 megabytes of e-mails to a back-up location and deleted them from where they normally reside.  That means that when my 3rd party smartphone email app polls the sever, that it shouldn't take as long and that should save on power.  Well, it didn't work and considering every other way that I've cleaned it out, this is now probably a hardware problem?

My Samsung Galaxy SM-n900v was on the market in 2013.  So, the model is only 5 years old.  I've probably had this particular one for about 3 years?  As I've been a trail maintainer, it's been outside a lot, including some cold winter temperatures.  It could be possible that it's power circuitry is corroded?  The first step might be to have it examined at the Verizon store and see if they can repair, or replace it?  If they can't, I might be able to purchase a new, or used model.

Buying a new smartphone right now is not much of an option.  You've got people out there that always need to have the "latest and greatest," so they purchase a new smartphone about every year.  Every time I go into the cellular store, it's like they have somebody trying to get you to do that?  I think that's wasteful.  My current smartphone has served me well.

The faster they get, the more expensive they become.  So the cellular providers are offering payment plans for them and tablets.  Payment plans are for something that get for a car, house, or for some of you, your student loans.  My smartphone probably cost about $700 new?  I'd rather pay for it up front if I can.  But if I end up needing a brand new smartphone soon, I'll probably have to do that.

I had payments on my cellular tablet.  At $24 a month for about total of $800, it was rather painless for me.  I got it for the motorhome because the interior is large and the smartphone was harder to reach.  I use multiple navigation apps, internal music and Pandora.  I just needed something bigger for that cab it couldn't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment