Search This Blog

2017/12/11

Assembled & Awaiting Reprogramming

The Robot is assembled and most of the cables (except my laser printer) are hooked up.  It powers on, but the monitors don't come on and it's sending out beep codes.  I reseated the memory chips, but that didn't alleviate it.  I'll leave that for tomorrow when I hopefully reprogram the computer.

I don't remember the expansion Wi-Fi card that I purchased today.  It claims that it can reach 1300 megabits per second on the internal network.  That should be about top speed for Wireless N and I do swap large files over it from time to time.  For my mapping, I'm going to need it.  I don't know how big my map repository is?  I try to keep anything that isn't going to be needed immediately out of the "My Places" in Google Earth. Having everything there slows down the the applications start up.  So, I just keep certain things on the hard disk.  My My Places alone in KML format is currently about 146MB, which is probably on the large size for an amateur?

No comments:

Post a Comment