Search This Blog

2017/12/08

New Motherboard Acquired

When I replaced my MSI motherboard last time with the extended warranty, I didn't get another extended warranty at Micro Center.  That means that I had to purchase a new motherboard out of pocket.  A new Gigabyte H270-HD3 motherboard was acquired for The Robot.  So far, everything checks out as being compatible with it's existing hardware.  And The Robot's had a Gigabyte motherboard in the past and I know that company to be good.

If anything in the MSI motherboard went bad, it's probably from one of the mounts for the CPU coil cooler?  I lost a rubber ring that inserts into one of the mounting holes.  Since then, I tightened to the motherboard itself.  It wasn't overly torqued, but that could have been the problem.  The other problem is that at $54, could be that this MSI motherboard was cheap had dubious reliability to begin with?

No comments:

Post a Comment