Search This Blog

2017/12/10

The Robot, Desk and Warrior Expeditions

I don't think that blue ring was residue that seeped out of the middle of the MSI motherboard, but some aftermarket plastic, or gel cushion that I may have put there because I lost a piece of mounting hardware that protected it when the screw inserted through it.  The stock piece would have also coated around the screw between the motherboard layers.  Since the screw itself was not shielded from the motherboard, that could be it's problem?  And then again, the MSI being a cheaper motherboard could be?

I assembled the new Gigabyte motherboard and most components.  The problem is that this board is short one PCI port.  And it was either inserting the SATA RAID controller, or the Wi-Fi card?  The PCI port is 32-bit and that's why it's slowly being phased out (apparently).  What the motherboard also has are PCI Express slots, which are the modern 64-bit and I'll have to get a replacement Wi-Fi card.  That earns me another trip to my local Micro Center store.

Meanwhile, the bent desk that I built a roller platform for is in disarray.  There's cables all over it waiting to be routed through it's new channels.  The Robot needs to get working so that I can route and layer them correctly.  It will probably depend on what enters and exits the channels and where?

I'm hoping to complete my Buckeye Trail project for the Warrior Expedition.  To recap, I'm GPS mapping all relevant VFW's, American Legion's and Amvets posts.  The idea is that with my knowledge of the trail, I could create a map informing Warrior Expeditions hikers where to seek support from.  I think that the hiker needs to know what areas are more conspicuous.  And I know these hikers.  They want every mile they can justify those days days... and I won't be able to deliver.  But if I can get them enough foresight, it could make things better for both hiker and veterans support.

No comments:

Post a Comment