Search This Blog

2017/02/09

Confirmed: Back Is Weak and Dues Renewed

This morning I woke up with an aching lower back again after those 4+ mile walks.  I didn't want to join a gym yet because I wanted to see what my commitment to fitness is.  But this morning, I woke up with a "sign" so to say that indicated that I needed to push things ahead.

I've always had a really strong back to the point where these machines were almost useless to me.  After I got in today, I went straight to the back machine and set it's weight stack to it's maximum of 195lbs.  I use cam machines in all of my exercises and I was instructed in how to use them in college.  I work out to the tune of 60% of my max out and 1 set of 8 - 12 repetitions. On the back machine, I was shaking on every rep up to 7.  I then stopped because I was concerned about the shaking and my form.  That's it.  It's confirmed.  My lower back is weak.

All this means is that I drop my weight by 5% and try again.  The lower back muscles are attached to the abdominals.  So, both "re-charge" in 24 hours (unlike 48 for the remaining muscles).  But regardless, there has to be one day of rest per week (no working out at all).  I believe that I've got access to a whirlpool for that seventh day?

On another topic, I've been making payments for a Household Life Membership with the Buckeye Trail Association (BTA).  I'm already on my 3rd of 10 installments at $60 a month using money orders.  I get them at Walmart because they permit me to get them on a debit card.  With that being said, I'm willing to stand in line before the customer service desk for them (that can be lengthy).

What I do is get the money order, then make it out to the BTA right there at the desk if I can.  Afterwards, I take stub that it comes with, tear it off and throw it in the nearest trash.  At this point, there's no redeeming the money order because it's only going one way.  So, I just keep accumulating them every month and put them in a safe place.

With all that being written, if your already a member and don't know the dues schedule, you've got a 5 out of 6 chance that you'll be paying your final annual dues renewal in addition to the payments.  I just renewed mine today.

No comments:

Post a Comment