Search This Blog

2016/11/17

Log 2016111701

The Robot's previous 4th hard disk, a 1.0 terabyte Western Digital WD10EZEX was replaced with a 2 terabyte Toshiba P300.  While that helps me store map images to overlay in Google Earth in the short run, it does not alleviate the math co-processor driver problem with working with the North Country Trail tracks.  The co-processor is a chip on the motherboard that performs complex math.

I just testing dragging the tracks on my laptop, which doesn't not have a co-processor driver problem.  And while it was working, Google Earth was very sluggish at moving them.  When I moved it up to the new folder, it lingered there and dropped about 15 seconds later.  At that rate, I could get the task done faster using copy and paste on The Robot (even with it's problems).

No comments:

Post a Comment