Search This Blog

2016/11/15

Log 2016111501

I recently purchased nearly a set of obsolete Buckeye Trail (North Country and American Discovery Trails concurrent in parts) maps for $50.  I'm missing a 2005 or 2008 copy of the Old Man's Cave Section.  I use to own all of these, but I was replacing and discarding them over the years.  This winter, I think I'm going to begin a Buckeye Trail evolution project on Google Earth.  Over time, I think I can track where the trail was and it's deleted amenities.  For volunteer trail promoters, adopters and perhaps the BTA could make use of it?  For instance, a trail adopter might encounter somebody who believes that the trail is on their road.  But if it was, it happened prior to date that the section supervisor or their adopters started volunteering there.

~ Unfortunately, the result of this project will not be open to the public. ~

~ The inaugural maps for the Road Fork and Whipple Sections (North Country concurrent) were the January 2005 edition for both. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment