Search This Blog

2016/09/30

Log 2016093003

I chatted on-line with a salesman from JC Whitney today and while they sold a replacement for my motorhome's 38 gallon fuel tank, I was told that they sell neither the transfer pump or fuel sending unit.  But right now, Summit Racing is looking like they might carry a universal sending unit.  And from what I know of my last visit, they might be able to get me a transfer pump as well?  Right now, they're the the lead.  But that's getting ahead of myself.  The first things to do is to test the ground and positive wires with a low amperage lighter plug in my portable battery jump box first.

If the the new, temporarily rerouted ground, or positive signal makes makes the gas gauge rise, I'll know that the stock wiring wiring works.  If it doesn't, I'll need to trace and test it heading towards the cab.  The same goes for the transfer pump.  My method will by-pass it's fuse and relay, so if it's good, it should just come on.

In all actuality, I could get the motorhome down towards 21.5 gallons of gas if the my car's 16.5 gallon tank was near empty.  Since I drive it more, that's not too much to ask.  And at that point, my 5 gallon jerry can is already empty now.

No comments:

Post a Comment