Search This Blog

2016/09/18

Log 2016091801

I purchased a new steel tool box to replace the plastic ones for the sockets, drivers and wrenches.  They 're purchased for The Cramper and the tools for my Chevy HHR were usually metric.  Now that I'm incorporating SAE, they're getting heavy and their top latches aren't holding, or they aren't holding their form between said top and bottom when picked up.  I'm afraid the latches will loose grip and my tools will go everywhere.

Since, I'm getting more sockets (the motorhome uses SAE), I also purchased two socket rails.  They're something that wouldn't fit in the plastic boxes, nor could I justify their weight them past.  With the HHR pulling up to 1,000lbs and having up to 500lbs in the cab, expenditures in weight had to be well justified.

But I had the trailer because I'm not just a hiker, but a maintainer and I planned on being down trail for extended periods of time where there might be places that AAA might not tow me out of.  For some of you, you might just be able to use your "wagon like" vehicle alone.  And if not, then a roof top luggage carrier might be the way to go.  Mine is fixed to aftermarket roof bars that I got from Walmart.  They were $29 at the time and use mesh straps with hook plates to secure to the body of my car under each doors rubber shielding.  I've been running this setup for 6 years and have only had water leakage once.  That was probably because I dismounted too much shielding?  These days, it doesn't leak at all.

I spent the rest of the day editing my Personal Section Supervisor's Page.  I explained how Washington County was a part of the Mid-Ohio Valley and the Parkersburg - Marietta - Vienna Metropolitan Statistical Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment