Search This Blog

2016/04/21

Log 2016042101

Two days ago, I completed an inspection of the Whipple Section, Points 06 - 05.  This is usually where the worst damage is and I'm beginning to believe that the winter really took it easy on us.  Humorously, I'm also beginning to wonder if the BTA's Whipple Work Weekend, my crew and I did it too good last year?

Then I drove through some more of the section's public parking areas and either measured their lengths, or counted their capacities in full size quad cab trucks.  I estimate that the section can park about 170 vehicles.  That's a necessary to know because I believe that The Wilderness Loop needs an event.  And I did my counts by parking area, so it could be broken down locally.  My data only includes public parking and right of ways that I know the width of, generally at the off-road trail, or along the on-road.

No comments:

Post a Comment