Search This Blog

2016/04/07

Log 2016040701

I just purchased a new 48cc MegaMotors Black Bicycle Engine Kit - 2 stroke from BikeBerry.com.  This is for both hiking and maintenance.  It means that I'm going to be able to put about 4 extra miles down trail (in one direction) on the hike and it will probably double my mileage on any given maintenance day.  It's also likely to shave off some of the mileage my car will accumulate annually.  I might even have studded tires for the winter for this bike?

On the Buckeye Trail, 98% of its off road is on government reservations.  What's actually permitted on those surfaces depends on the agency that owns them.  Can you cover the BT with a different mode?  Yes.  But if you strive for the Circuit Hike Patch, be sure that you clear it with the program coordinator first.  This patch can be the "least common denominator" if it's what you seek.

That's the best explanation that I give.  And I knew that I had to cover it today since I mentioned putting a motor on my bicycle.  There are signs in the Marietta Unit of the Wayne National Forest (The Wayne) that contradict this, but motors are forbidden on the Buckeye/ North Country National Scenic Trail there.  But a motorized bike would only be used for looping since I'm almost always solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment