Search This Blog

2014/03/06

Log 2014030604

When the cell phone number porting from Sprint to Verizon took place today, my old Sprint service was canceled.  I didn't know that until just now called Sprint with the intention of canceling it myself.  I was able to log into my account online with them, but as their representative told me that Sprint is now prorating 25 days off of my April bill.  Right now, it's at $87.14 in the positive, so, I'll probably get some of that back.

In the meantime, I ordered a Polar H7 Bluetooth heart rate monitor today from hrmusa on eBay for $58.77.  When working out, there are three heart rates that depend on your age and height.  They are your "target," "cardio" and "maximum."  Target is good for optimal for burning fat, while "cardio" is good for building muscle.  And lastly, maximum is something you shouldn't train at, or you risk damaging yourself.

The best hiker is almost always a lighter one.  And I can stand to use some weight and body fat.  Since I've been on the bike, it's apparent that I could use some muscle.  Now, that I'm cleared to go to the gym and because of my height, I don't reach the heart rate telemetry straps on the treadmill handle with out bending over.  Previously, I had a heart rate monitor which fed my readings to an electronic wrist watch.  I've since lost that unit and now, it just makes more sense to interface the chest strap into my smartphone.  At least this way, I can check my heart rate on my bike while my smartphone is mounted to the handlebar instead of having to take my left hand and arm away, which disturbs my balance and how I'm mounted to the bike.

Lastly, my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone's battery has been holding up quite well today.  I don't think that it's been plugged in since noon and I was streaming Pandora internet radio to my Bluetooth headset while I was riding my bike to Dick's Sporting Goods and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment