Search This Blog

2014/03/09

Log 2014030901

I've been so impressed with the free version of the Ulysse Speedometer that I purchased the Pro version today on Google Play. I use the speedometer on my mountain bike and have had it on multiple smartphones for about 3 years now.

Between it, navigation, music and my Bluetooth headset, they really consume a lot of power. But when I'm on the road for more than 5 hours,  I usually carry 2 other batteries anyways. And the odometer keeps the screen awake, but I might be able to manually black it out and recall it as needed.

Otherwise, I finished revising the map for the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource. I have some work to do to the directory on Monday. After that, it's editing the guide. The last time I did that, I printed it out and went through it with an ink pen at a coffee shop one line at a time. I believe it's about 16 pages.

Since the Buckeye Trail Association published it's GIS/GPS Data Depository to the General Public, the cats out of the bag now and I don't have to worry about about someone being able to reverse engineer the route when it's there for them to have free of charge anyway.    

No comments:

Post a Comment