Search This Blog

2019/09/26

Bloody Fingers

A couple of cuts on my left fingers aren't too bad.   Something I was working on with my 1987 Chevy G20 Sportvan took a little chunk out of my left thumb.  Yesterday, I was boring out holes for a piece to adapt the new front passenger's side seat belt.  Since the drill bit was somewhat wider, my 1/2in drill ripped the brackets out of my baby vice a couple times.  Both times, I made the mistake of trying to hold the brackets with my hand while powering the drill.  Needless to say, I wasn't strong enough and I probably won't do that again?

I just tested the positive wires that I created for the new gauges.  I tested them to the new negative that I ran.  The positive coming from the light switch works.  But one that I did from a tan wire running from the ignition doesn't.  Both used electrical IDC connectors, but I have had trouble with them using 16 gauge wires before.

I don't remember if I stated this before, but I mounted 6in x 9in speaker boxes to the ceiling right behind the front driver and passenger's side heads.  So far, they're working.  But I'd rather drive it some to see if the connections inside the box will wiggle out of contact?  But I like the boxes that I have there.  The ones in the rear of the van were mounted before I bought it.  The front ones have a slightly different shape and in the future, I could use metal brackets to bolt them into a vertical position in back corners of the van.  I figure that the front ones that I have now could be mounted in the rear and present less of an obstruction than the Walmart bought ones.  I use the van for cargo.

No comments:

Post a Comment