Search This Blog

2016/12/25

Log 2016122501

I got a 25 key reprogrammable, keypad today (from Santa).  I have systems maintenance scheduled for this week, so I'll probably connect it after that's done.  This is a gamers pad and I'm hoping to use it for Google Earth.  Ordinarily, to make a placemark, I have to use Ctrl + Shift + P.  But now I should be able to remap those strokes on the new pad so that I only have to press one key.  And since it's built for gamers, they always have their right hand on the mouse, so this is designed to be stationed left of my typical keyboard (which I think will work out).  The trick will be remapping the keys conveniently and memorizing them.  Anyways things here at the desk are so spread out that I might have to get a USB 2.0 extention to get it to plug into The Robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment