Search This Blog

2016/12/10

Log 2016121001

I installed the new SATA RAID expansion card in The Robot.  Now all four hard disk drives run from it. However, one thing that was predictable was that I had to re-install my operating system again.  It probably took the change as if I installed a new motherboard (always have to reinstall for one of those).  I use what's known as the "address" field on my task bar.  It can also be used to search.  The default search engine for it is in Internet Explorer and I'm unable to open that application to make the change.

Getting those four drives unplugged from the motherboard and into the new SATA RAID did nothing for my RAM (memory) problem.  The new hardware with the drives plugged in it should have allieviated the system's RAM usage.  It needed a new RAID anyways, but the next step is to take each memory stick out their sockets and firmly re-insert them one at a time.  When I go to boot up the machine, that might do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment