Search This Blog

2016/12/08

Log 2016120801

I've withdrawn from possibly purchasing a new Jeep Wrangler 4x4.  It would have been an ideal vehicle to use to search the backcountry roads surrounding the Road Fork Section - Buckeye/ North Country Trail's off-road area in the Wayne National Forest - Marietta Unit for parking opportunities.  I supervise the Whipple Section and I don't know that part of the forest that well.

From what I do know of it is that it's gravel roads are steep and that there's multiple primitive fords back there.  My 2008 Chevy HHR LS barely made it through there.  But the Wrangler would do in it's sleep.  My original plan for that area was to use a 49cc motor on a bicycle.

But, I might sit back and wait a few months on buying another vehicle so I can get a bigger down payment.  I might go for one of the newer, fuel efficient cargo vans.  The trouble is that some of the subcompact ones don't have enough depth in their cargo holds.  I might build a custom camper out of one?  If I do, I'm 6'6, or 78 - 1/3in tall.  The cargo hold has to be at least 80in deep to install a bed frame.

I have a new means to backup The Robot and laptop.  But right now, one of my hard disk drives on The Robot isn't reading.  I think that's because I attached it's data cable to a port on my SATA RAID expansion card that isn't working.  So, in order to get a full back-up, I purchased a new 4 port SATA RAID expansion card from Micro Center.

I had to clean out and vacate Storage B.  So everything from there is here in my living space.  When I can finally get to The Robot, I'll have it installed.  Right now, running the drives on the motherboard is taking a lot of RAM (memory) that Google Earth very much needs.

I also recently purchased a new ink jet all-in-one printer/scanner with a document feeder on top.  When I get around to it, that should make backing up the obsolete Hutchinson Guide Books for the North Country Trail (NCT) easier.  I'd like to destroy those because they're taking up space.  But at the same time, I'd like to use them to track the historical route of the NCT.

No comments:

Post a Comment