Search This Blog

2015/02/07

Log 2015020701

Currently still, I'm the trail adopter for the Norwalk Section - Buckeye Trail between US-250 and OH-58.  So, when it comes to the annual Winter Hike at Findley State Park (which is on OH-58 and BT's Medina Section is routed off-road there), I'm the guy next door.  You can see Findley's reclaimed forest from my east terminator, about   And until today, I've missed this event every year since I became a maintainer in November of 2010.  Well, I've been feeling pretty guilty about that.

I had trouble sleeping last night and when my alarm went off, I touched the "off" button instead of the "snooze" and fell back asleep. Then I woke up late and had to stop by Dunkin Donuts so I could be an "agreeable" person when I got to the park. They didn't have the double chocolate donut that I really like.  That donut is a part of my pattern.

Well, I got to the picnic shelter at Findley State Park about an hour late.  Then I had to get a few things out of the tailgate and fix my YakTrax to my boots.  That took another 1/2 hour.  I was lucky to enter the course and earn my patch.  I've bought it a few years ago and after missing the event a few times, I was just keeping it was just keeping it warm (I guess).  Now, it's ready to sew on.

No comments:

Post a Comment