Search This Blog

2015/02/03

Log 2009122201

(This is transcribed log from a spiral bound notepad dated: December 22nd, 2009. At this point, I had only been active, day hiking the Buckeye Trail for the previous 53 days)

I am on a journey.  4am, I departed Painesville for Camp Asbury to continue on the Burton Section northbound.  There were places, because of snow, that I almost didn't make it up.

In Burton, I had traditional American cuisine @ Cogan's Restaurant.  28 miles later, I looped back on OH-700 but had doubts.  Water seeped in old boots on Mile 2.  So on Mile 17, new, unbroken-in boots were changed into.  I pulled into Hiram College to take a snooze.  The people there very kind.  3 miles to the car @ Asbury.  I'll have to muster everything that I have left just to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment