Search This Blog

2015/02/12

Log 2014021201

I assigned custom ringtones and notifications in my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone to contacts and apps today.  I need these to speak to me like Star Trek's voice of the computer.  But I don't know of anything like that, so I invented my way out of it.  My smartphone came with a stock Voice Recorder app.  But ringtones and notifications are in the .amr format and the stock app won't save to that kind of file.  So, in Google Play, I downloaded a similar app of the same name it did.

Once I got them all done, I tethered the smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.  Then, I opened the phone in Windows Explorer (Computer, My Computer), and moved it from the after market app's directory to the "Ringtones" and "Notifications" folders.  I kept a list of every app and contact that I wanted to affect, so i reconfigured their notification tones one by one.

I'm a hiker (and sometimes a cyclist).  And if I want to check my device, that will break my pace by having to handle and use the device.  So, what I need is the voice of the computer... and it's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment