Search This Blog

2022/08/13

Master Cylinder and SLA Battery Charging

 I bench bled the new master cylinder for the my 1987 Chevrolet (Chevy) G20 Sportvan.  I hooked it up to the lines to the proportioning valve.  I know that the front lines are getting fluid because the lines coming from it going to the front calipers were leaking fluid.  I just replaced those lines and used compression fittings.  When I replaced the upper, lower ball joints, front brake calipers and front brake lines, I did it all in one big project.  But I left three of the compression fittings loose, so I tightened all four today.

This was my first time bench bleeding.  When they say put it in a vice, I put the stem of the master cylinder in there and locked it down.  But a video that I saw said not to do that because it could cause problems inside the stem.  Instead, the vice should be locked on to the bolt hole flange.  I corrected that and then did the bench bleed, but I'll be monitoring the level for the next few hours to see if there are any changes?

There is no change to the vehicle's odometer mileage since the last log.

I have The Wilderness Chapter of the Buckeye Trail Association's sealed lead acid battery for our walk behind, DR field brush mower downstairs on a trickle charge.  Apparently the battery can only handle 2 amps?  I could have swore that I jumped it with the van before?  And last time, I tried to use the 10 amp automotive battery charger on it, but for some reason that didn't work?  Today I plugged the trickle charger in for the first time and the "bad battery" light came on.  But when I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in, it didn't light up.

No comments:

Post a Comment