Search This Blog

2022/08/23

Battery Cables Changed

I finally got the battery cables changed on my 1987 Chevrolet (Chevy) G20 Sportvan.  The positive cable has brackets that route it around the front of the engine bay before it gets to the starter.  I had to take special care near the starter in order to get the cable far enough away from the right exhaust manifold.  The 8 gauge positive cable going to what I think is the power distribution block was bolted into the old positive battery terminal clamp.  I never liked it there because it always gets in the way, especially when I have to remove the battery.  So, I got about 8ft of 8 gauge cable and ran it down to the positive battery terminal at the starter.

That's about it.  It took all afternoon and evening to do just about that.  The mileage on the odometer is 149,991.8 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment