Search This Blog

2019/05/10

Regional+ Transit and 10 Miler Data

I was thinking about publishing data on regional, national and international transit along the North Country Trail.  Considering that the North Country concurrency with Buckeye is 917 of its 1444 miles, I might as well do the rest of Buckeye as well.  But I think that the BT is now in need of a new logistics diagnostic done at the generally 10 mile per day hiking rate.  I think that I last did it using transit and since that site is off-line, I think that the public needs to know how 10 miler comparable this trail is without it?

That's going to entail the updating of my Buckeye Trail custom tracks and map points.  I'll have to sift through the entire circuit's maps and map updates just to make sure everything is current.  And I prefer to do these in the winter if I can?  These are going to be courtesy of Adventurer's Project and available in the "Special Services and Map Repository" section of it's website.

The Regional+ transit data is going to be like a stripped down version of the Ohio Transit Hiker's Resource.  Local transit lines and services will be limited to getting from the regional, national and international amenities to the trail by much fewer ways.  In this case, it makes sense to do the non-transit 10 miler diagnostic first to so I know how to affect the local camping/ lodging situation (if I can).

This particular diagnostic will be on camping amenities alone.  The Buckeye Trail is a camping/ lodging dependent trail.  But lately, the market is demanding camping only.  If this diagnostic serves anything, it might serve to inform the audience that their demand is futile?

No comments:

Post a Comment