Search This Blog

2019/05/31

RV and the Internet, Storage Hooks, Laser Printer

Here in the RV pit, I live in an incorporated area.  So, I get cellular service here and I use my mobile hotspot for the Internet on my laptop.  What you should know is that this will never run Netflix or Hulu well.  That's because my devices get unlimited downstream, but the hotspot only gets 15 gigabytes of download.  For those of you traveling out there, that's in the "fine print" of your cellular package.  Lucky for me, I have two devices.  So, I'm getting 30 gigabytes, but I doubt that will run those said services.  I've never been willing to try it before because I need my download size for other things.

What I do have is off-line videos on an external hard drive.  Because I'm in the motorhome, it needs to be the laptop version of the external because it only needs power from the USB.  The desktop hard disk version has a separate AC to DC cable. 

On another topic, I tried to put some hooks in my motorhome's ceiling to support a folding stool.  As space goes, my ceiling is generally under utilized.  What I discovered is that the dry wall wouldn't support the stool, so I had a project up there that's been on hold until today.  Today, I put some drywall studs up there and screwed the hook into that.

So far, there's three of them.  I need another one to support the seat of the stool.  But I found some paracord, which is something that us hikers carry.  The military version (5/50) is stronger, but that's irrelevant for this project.  I made paracord loops so that the stool could interface with the hooks.  But I'm not willing to let it set overnight with my laptop being right under it and the seat being unsecured.  When the motorhome is in transport, the stool will have to come down because the wiggling of it might crack the ceiling and make the drywall studs come out?  That would cause the stool to come crashing down.

My stool by the way is what I sit on when I play guitar.  And the folding stool is compact. 

Because I'm a volunteer leader, and in light of what I do with the trails, I have a commercial laser printer in the motorhome.  But I made a mistake in getting it down here.  I should have removed the toner cartridge during transport.  Since I didn't, there is now toner particles in the wheels of it causing smudges on my prints.  I can't use it to make fliers at this time.

What happened is when you insert the cartridge, the guides cause it's door to open.  Had I thought that contaminating the inside could be possible, I could have removed it and taped the door shut.  That's probably what should have happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment