Search This Blog

2018/08/05

Reorganizing GPS Data, Trail Conditions, DR Mower

It just took hours to re-organize my GPS data.  The directory for Adventurer's Project is getting bigger.  I just mapped out the known bad roads that could access the Buckeye Trail (North Country concurrent) in the Marietta Unit of The Wayne (National Forest).  I know where some of the fords are and I know what roads not to take with an RV.

At present, there are still 13 known obstructions, or trees down on the trail.  There are at least 8 areas that still need weed whacking, but most of them are brief.  They look like they were places in the middle of a segment where residential weed whackers gave out and quit for the day.  Some of it looks like somebody might have just ran them right over the centerline of the trail without swinging to get the 4ft width. 

Benching is another story.  The work crews tell me that it's probably not worth getting a DR Mower for this area.  But in working with Road Fork Section's (volunteer) supervisor, I weed whacked everything he said the DR couldn't access and in my opinion, a lot of those areas just need short stretches to be benched wider (leveling the roll of a hill side).

No comments:

Post a Comment