Search This Blog

2018/08/09

Microwave and Overhead Table Outlet

My motorhome's microwave AC outlet is working now. I just had to replace the outlet. And now the outlet over the table is working somehow, but the one at the side of the kitchen sink and the master bed still doesn't.

I've been using a heavy duty extention cord lately to connect my hotplate. It can be done, but with caution. Since I mounted the microwave outlet towards the front, its compartment is right over the stove where the hotplate sits on a cast iron slate on the liquid propane burners. Currently, I don't have any propane at the moment, so theres no harm with it being there.

I discovered that the overhead table, kitchen side and master bed outlets are special because they have a special backplate that protects things from protruding on to the wires.  The outlet that I got for the overhead (because it was dead before) is for a house and won't work in the motorhome.

No comments:

Post a Comment