Search This Blog

2018/08/19

Data Transfer Aug. 19, 2018

Systems maintenance is complete.  I'm now trying to move mapping and photo files from my network area storage to my laptop.  Only that I have to back in Woodsfield by 11am for a meeting.  Those files are extensive, so I saved the My Places from Google Earth on The Robot to the laptop and I'm transferring the pictures there now.  There's over 8 gigabytes of photos that have to go through the router.  I don't think that I have a flash drive on-board that could handle it.  I even forgot to pack the motorhome's smartphone USB cable.  That could have made it faster?

I tried taking the hard disk out of the network area storage and tried plugging it directly into the laptop with a kit that I have, but Windows couldn't read the drive's formatting.  The drive back to Woodsfield is about 3 - 1/2 hours because I'm taking my mini fridge down there on a trailer with wheels that max out at 55MPH.  I hope to get enough sleep?

What's special about these photos is that I might be able to use them for Adventurer's Project's Internet media.  We've had a shortage recently.  Most of my photos are for the Whipple Section and they're mostly maintenance ones, taken of a tree down, or some other issue.  At the moment, we may not have many photos taken in the best of circumstances and know where they are???

Adventurer's Project's Facebook page is young.  It's perhaps a struggle to keep it's content fresh and the way to survive a winter is with plenty of photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment