Search This Blog

2018/07/21

Great Blue Heron and Rest Day

I saw a Great Blue Heron in the Little Muskingum River Flats on the Whipple Section - Buckeye Trail (North Countey current) yesterday. It was truly a surprise. It's my favorite bird in Ohio because it's so solitary most of the time.

I was down there weed whacking about half of the flat's 1.1 miles. Between that and weed whacking places that are impossible for the DR Mower to reach, I had to take a day off today.  Yesterday when I got out of the car to meet the Road Fork/ Whipple Work Week crew, I was light headed and felt a surge to my brain like none before.  I didnt eat lunch on both days, so I was probably having low blood sugar mixed with fatigue. Now, I know better.

Those flats once took a crew of 4 about 40 man hours to weed whack. I got half it done in about 6.  I'm 6'6 and I think that my swing and the disposition of my weed whacked engine have something to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment