Search This Blog

2018/07/17

American Discovery Trail Promotion, Similarities, My Profile

I got permission to promote the American Discovery Trail at any of Adventurer's Project's events until December 1st from the president of the American Discovery Trail Society.  Ever since I've been in trail promotion, I've been corresponding with their Facebook group regularly.  The circumstances of Adventurer's Project are less like anywhere else on the Buckeye Trail and more like those on the American Discovery.

We hardly have any volunteers in this area.  American Discovery has never needed to count theirs.  The Buckeye Trail Association has assured me that there is next to nobody on their membership roster in this area.  I'm sure that the ADTS's is smaller, too.  Where Buckeye has chapters, the ADTS has state committees.  As far as I know, they really haven't been very organized yet.  So, I'm letting them learn from my successes and failures.

Recently, I unfriended some people from my personal Facebook profile.  The reason is that these people were on it so I could write about the Whipple Section at more length.  Now that Adventurer's Project has it's own page, I posted a link to it on my profile for about a week.  I just wanted to have my personal life back.  I don't want my personal views to reflect how I do business with the trails.  And so far, I just don't think that some people understand how structured I am and how necessary that is for me to sustain life?  Without structure, I am a mess.

Today, I uploaded the Buckeye, North Country and American Discovery Trail GPS tracks to my tablet. I'm not sure if I'm going to have my laptop at outdoor trail promotion events anymore?  The setting sun started heating up it's case and I can't afford to fry it's CPU at the moments.  The good thing about the tablet and the smartphone is that I can get them out of the sun easier and take them out when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment