Search This Blog

2017/10/09

Adventurer's Project Upcoming Website

I'm still working on the transportation map for Adventurer's Project.  Since these are for planning purposes, all of it's maps are going to feature tracks from the BTA GIS/ GPS Depository.  I already have those split into sections.  And I might be able to make the maps themselves impossible to download with embedded data.  This data can be used for planning purposes.  But there's lots of things that I can I can give out.  Basically, if it isn't covered under the copyright of the map and guides, I can do it.  And I fully intend to.


(Currently, Adventurer's Project is covering Road Fork and Whipple Sections of the Buckeye/ North Country Trail.  As of this morning, I learned that Lyft's "Columbus Area" is now covering all of it.  I've been trying to get transportation from it's east end in the Marietta Unit of the Wayne NF for resupply for many years.  And since we lost our shuttle service, this is welcome news.)


Other than Lyft, other items I'd like to include are:

- Resupply locations
- Public Transit

- One item that I'd like to expound on is ride share locations.  Not everywhere on those sections has cellular service.  And if a ride, or rider is coming from out of the area and something happens, the other party would be in the dark.  So, I'll be devising rendezvous locations that have signal for most providers.

- Contact for resupply is a feature that the hiker should do well in advance of their hike.  This is where Adventurer's Project volunteers would have resupply waiting for hikers at the end of their day. 

- The "Surface Water Data" pertains to streams that aren't likely to be directly affected by mining activity.

- Annual Fall Foliage Tour map pertains to a two day event in October held by the Little Muskingum Watershed Association.  It's an automotive tour that takes place on OH-26 annually and passes through two small portions of the on-road trail.

- A link to the Marietta/ Washington Convention and Visitor's Bureau.  This part of the Buckeye Trail is one of the more difficult parts of the trail to get to for Ohio residents.  If they come to hike, they might like to explore Marietta?

- A vacant segment showcase.

- Weather Band Radio (channels and frequencies)

- GPS data on religious places along Road Fork and Whipple

No comments:

Post a Comment