Search This Blog

2017/10/18

Now and Need for an Annual Plan

Recent reviews on the Buckeye Trail have implied (based on my interpretation of them) that this is no longer the time for ideas.  This is the time to act.  It's not the time for excuses.  I know where I've been, but I know that I've run out of time. 

I'm living 160 miles from the Whipple Section. My car is dying.  It's putting puddles of something on the driveway cement.  I should be able to afford a rent-a-car for a couple days in November, March, April and May?  There's also a transit solution.  At that point, if I pay off my credit card debt aggressively enough, I should be able to buy a new vehicle and be down trail in June.  If I lease, I might be able to get one sooner?  I'm a disabled vet and I don't answer questions for most people about it.  But that in a nutshell is the game plan.  It doesn't make much sense to cut the off-road's brush until then anyways.

What Whipple and Adventurer's Project needs is an annual plan.  I can write those this winter.  Some thru hikers can be critics, but many of those have never had their feet in the trenches so to say. So, sometimes what they state seems reasonable to them.  If I execute an annual plan, I believe that it will demonstrate theory vs. application.  And then there's always these logs.

No comments:

Post a Comment