Search This Blog

2017/03/11

Log 03/10/2017

- I purchased a new knife cut off switch for my motorhome's chassis batteries. My portable battery jump box won't support it's dual marine batteries because together, they're a 24V system.  The jump box can only charge a 12V.

- I determined that the Anderson Power Products - Part #6331G1 won't work for me.  I was thinking about using this coupler and a set of jumper cables with the clamps removed on one side and the male ends of this product replacing them.  I wanted to do this to extend the reach of the battery jump box.  But this unit will only handle 50 amps of current and jump box can put out 250.  The jump box barely sits on the motorhome's air filter manifold and I'm afraid that it might fall over.  So I was thinking that if it sat on the ground under the engine, I could feed the extended cables up and even jump it in the rain.

- Updated Buckeye Trail map & guides were purchased.  7 of 26 were supported, but not current.  I'm volunteering with a colleague on a mapping project for the Buckeye Trail Association's "TrailFest" in Yellow Springs of Green County.  I believe that I'll have to write tracks for the Buckeye Trail on-road from intersection to intersection, but cut down my existing tracks for the off-road.  The on-road is too frequent to be cut down like this, so I think that my pen tablet might do the trick for this?

- I can say with certainty that the following section map editions on The Wilderness Loop of the Buckeye Trail (North Country Trail partial) are no longer supported:

Belle Valley - December 2005
Road Fork - January 2005
Stockport - June 2006
Whipple - January 2005

I believe that the Medina Section was the last one to have a new digital print map in September of 2013.  It's previous map & guide will no longer be supported by September of this year (2017).

No comments:

Post a Comment