Search This Blog

2017/03/16

Governmental Reservation Overlays - 03/16/2017

I got reservation and park maps overlaid for the Buckeye Trail in the Lake Metroparks and Geauga Park District overlaid in Google Earth today.  I almost missed Orchard Hills Park along the Bedford Section.  That section clips has a 2 - 1/2 mile "clip" through northwest corner of Chester Township in Geauga County.  I was having a problem with Google Earth's image rotation locking after 90°.  But I found that if I went into the overlay properties-> location, that I could rotate adjust the rotation with a numerical degree value in a field.

I've always been very active in the Buckeye Trail's Facebook group.  And I'm having a hard time not telling them what I'm up to.  All I can say about it for now is that it's for the annual TrailFest in Yellow Springs of Greene County.  It's probably about time that I presented GPS material there.

No comments:

Post a Comment