Search This Blog

2014/02/15

Log 2014021501

A new windshield was installed on my 2008 Chevy HHR LS at 133,064 miles.  There was a crack in the upper passenger's side corner of the previous one.  I'm not sure how I got it.  This is the 3rd replacement that I've had in this vehicle. It took about 4 hours to install at Glass Doctor on Carnegie Avenue in the Fairfax neighborhood of Cleveland in Cuyahoga County.  I was referred there by a local company in Mentor of Lake County.





Work was done today.  The work order number is 1-217811.  The new windshield, installation and a 12 month warranty plus tax came out to be a total of $367.98.  The warranty will not include parts and labor.  Today that was $139.95 of said total.

As far as leaving for my next recreation trip, this was a big task that needed to be completed and it was in it's way.  I already have the new head gasket, now I have to get a set of all four struts and possible springs.  When I have those installed, I might as well have the mechanic bleed the brake lines, replace that fluid and have them change the transmission fluid (since it's behind the front driver's side wheel) while their at it.

I intended on cycling between Brecksville Station and the Carnegie Bridge on the Ohio-to-Erie Trail, concurrent with the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail mostly.  But the car needed to be at the shop at 0800hrs and I was late getting up.  So, I didn't have enough time to rack the bicycle on the car.  And my back is still having problems, so hiking it wasn't much of an option.  Instead, I visited the Botanical Gardens on Wade Oval and enjoyed the Costa Rican forest there.

No comments:

Post a Comment