Search This Blog

2013/09/07

Log 2013090701

Encounter and conversation with man on loop back from remaining North Country Independant - NWO hike noted. Details are confidential and available on closed channels only. 
Today, I took a day off and did some shopping. I purchased a metal file to grind down the sharp ends on the crampers back wall hinge screws.  They're starting to tear the memory foam mattress's lineing up when the folded walls get shoved under it coming from camper to transport mode.
I also went to the office supply store and had the map update printed for the Defiance Section - Buckeye Trail.  Their store issued a new map and I have yet to procure it.  But my old map and the updates will be able to get me through this project. 
I went to bed really late this morning and I got heated out of my tent by the afternoon.  The temperature diffrential was about 30°F during that time.  So, I got in my car, turned it on and slept for a couple hours with the air conditioning on.
Yesterday, I completed the North Country Trail in Ohio on its independant arms at Oak Openings Metropark in Lucas County.  I hiked 18 miles and probably covered 68 miles total.

No comments:

Post a Comment