Search This Blog

2019/07/15

Road Fork/ Whipple Work Week

Normally, I dont complain about how heavy my gear is, but yesterday got me. My body's water consumption is still use to the Army. And for other medical reasons, I carry 6 liters in two Camelback bladders.

I had my 20,000mAh power bank for my smartphone and I had to get rid of that. In the past I was concerned that my toes might hit my brush cutter's fixed blade. I just threw out my hiking boots, but after this, I dont think I'll be using my steel toes much longer?

I did 7.32 miles yesterday on volunteer brush cutting.

I feel terrible that the crew is working on the Little Muskingum River Flats and I'm not down there with them. Last night when I went to sleep, the left side of my brain was in slight pain.

I stayed behind today with Tracey, the Chuck Wagon Volunteer. She took me to New Martinsville to get some things for my brush cutter. The high is out of adjustment and the clerk at Bridgeport gave me a small flathead screwdriver for it. Turns out it's a hex screw inside of a tube. Needle nose pliers might get inside there? And I said might?

It amazes me for how much the work weeks are not accommodating to those who dont have a car. I would have thought that the BTA would have found a way around this by now?

No comments:

Post a Comment