Search This Blog

2019/07/17

Professional Grade Weed Whacker

Yesterday, in my tent at the Little Muskingum Watershed Association, I realized that I brought a wrong leg to my convertible pants/shorts.  Most of the time on the Whipple Section - Buckeye Trail (North Country concurrent).  Most of the time on Whipple, I can weed whack in shorts.   But when I went down to the Little Muskingum River Flats yesterday with my weed whacker to do some "business," I had to wear my denim pants.

On the flats, there's stinging nettles.  They don't do anything permanent when they get on you... they just burn.  And the only way they come off in a pinch is with water.

We were in the middle of the Road Fork/ Whipple Work Week 2019.  And it doesn't matter if it's 104°F.  If that's the time... that's the time.  I had the only professional grade brush cutter/ weed whacker available and I need to do at least the western third or half where it's thickest and tallest.  It has a 36.2cc displacement, so it's the biggest and most powerful thing out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment