Search This Blog

2018/12/07

My Places File Sizes

The "My Places" on my laptop's Google Earth Pro is about 417 megabytes in size with a KML file extension.  But I don't think that I can rely on that number because if I were to save it as a KMZ (a zipped file), it's coming up as 522 megabytes.  File sizes much larger than somewhere in the ballpark of 300 megabytes are too large to load in The Robot's Google Earth Pro app. 

I just opened one portion of the laptop's data.  It reads as 479 megabytes and opening it was successful.  Considering that I had to slim the My Places down by committing certain portions to be opened from the hard disk, I have doubts that I can do it again.  Looks like I'll have to save both sections sub folder by sub folder in order to get them to load again?

No comments:

Post a Comment