Search This Blog

2018/12/14

ADT Diagnostic Continued

There have been problems with my GPS data for the American Discovery Trail.  I've noticed that with what I have saved recently in Google Earth that I'm somehow missing things?  Right now, I'm writing my Mock Hiker Logistical Diagnostic map by way of the North Mid-West Route (NMR).  I was working with ADT - Indiana on the NMR earlier and it has multiple amenity gaps.  That's a conclusion that I don't like coming to and try to avoid at all costs.  I don't think that should be right?  I know that the ADT is more supported on the north side than it is on the south.  The longest day that anyone should be reluctant to have (due to availability of overnight amenities) is about 27.5 miles long in Nebraska. 

I managed to find my lodging folder.  But I'm thinking that my governmental reservations data will have to be rebuilt? I think I'll start that task later today, this time starting with local then county parks on up to the federal level.  I like overlaying as many maps as I possibly can.   Right now without so many of those,  my ADT file in Google Earth is about 90 megabytes in a zipped KMZ file.  I either expect that size to go up tremendously when I do this, or I'll save each state to the hard drive, which is probably the better idea.  At that point, I can just open them as needed and save on my computer resources that way.  Uncompressed, Google Earth has trouble opening files in the ballpark of 320 megabytes and up.

The odds of me finishing the diagnostic in the next two days are looking extremely slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment