Search This Blog

2017/09/11

Trail Promotion - 09/11/2017

When posting to unattended trail promotion sites, there's a bunch of things going on.  And what need to be ascertained are places with limited hours, such as some country post offices. We're currently getting ready for the circuit hiker "Tomfoolery" to come in and perform a "Buckeye Trail Talk."  The circumstances are that Road Fork and Whipple Sections - Buckeye/ North Country Trail have never been fully developed.  We're unsure that there's an audience in this area.  Getting a following here in Marietta/ Parkersburg, WV is one of the reasons why I'm out here.

Under ordinary circumstances, lets say that we had a chapter in this area.  And we started having fliers in places like post offices and libraries year round.  When a special program like is scheduled to come into the area, all those cork boards will go from the general flier to the event's (not enough room for both).

I am here.  I am the man on the ground.  Tomfoolery isn't a volunteer here.  He's something extra.  On the Whipple Section, sometimes things just fall into your lap.  This is a good oman, so you'd be wise to ride this wave.  There's no promises about what's going to happen on the 19th.  But I'm pretty sure that if anything comes of it, it's going to leave us in better shape.  And I can comfortably say this because we should pick up more supporters, or just I'll know about more people.  Right now, we have 7 that I know of.  Three live in NE Ohio, four of them are maintainers, one is a volunteer.  Volunteer recruiting has priority, but we still need greater hiking numbers, too.  And there things that we can do with hikers with those latter interests only.  For those of you who don't know me, I'm very immersed in the internal side of the trails.  Internal vs External, I generally see both.

No comments:

Post a Comment