Search This Blog

2017/08/03

New Maintenance Day Pack

I got my new maintenance pack today.  It's framed, but I think it's aluminum.  REI's site says steel, another one site says aluminum.  Why would a CamelBak make a bag for a weight contentious audience with a steel frame?  I guess I'll have to put a charge to it and find out.  If it's steel, I wonder, if I can cut it out and it'd still be good to use.  What I didn't notice about it before that I just found is that it has zipped pockets on the waist belt. That should come in handy sometime.

My chainsaw and weed eater tool kit is assembled.  The tools are in a pouch and are in the outside center pocket should I ever need to jettison them in a lightning storm.  But my med kit is missing a strap that I could use for a tourniquet.  I should have pieces of an old t-shirt around?  That might be strong enough?

As of now, I still have yet to sew in the mounting cord for the dual CamelBak water bladders.  I'm also not 100% sure if that compartment will hold dual 3L bladders when both are full?

The next piece to get is a road construction, or heavy grade poncho.  I'd prefer military surplus because I've been through after market rain gear and ponchos and they won't last through conditions.  I've finally become utterly dissatisfied with how Frog Troggs stands up to briers and prickers.  And even if hiking conditions on the Buckeye Trail ever becomes picture perfect, maintenance won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment