Search This Blog

2017/08/05

Health Issues and Thru Hikers

I've been sleeping with the Nicoderm CQ 21mg patch on.  Today, I forgot to change it.  The current patch is probably depleted, so there is some vascular improvement in my left wrist, but for the most part, not necessarily my right, yet.  If Monday morning, I remove the patch from the night before, the patch's residue would wear off when I sweat.

The whirlpool at my gym is being rebuilt and won't be available until the middle of this month.  I'll have to rely on stretching.

Aside from the vascular issues, I still have a lower back problem.  After I do anything strenuous, like about 6 miles of weed whacking (perhaps accumulative?), I have back pains on the morning after when I get out of bed and bending over.  This was from the 54 mile mixed mode hike/bike that I did 3 years ago on The Wilderness Loop of the Buckeye Trail.  But I'm not ready to heave over and die yet.

I really haven't complained much.  But something's going on with my body and I really don't know what it is?  I keep forgetting to make a doctors appointment.

Right now, the plan is to continue Whipple's Maintenance will probably be on, or maybe after the 17th.  I have Preston H. as possibly being 33 days from The Wilderness Loop with M L trailing him by about 24 hours currently, both those numbers are give and take.  What they'll actually be depends on monitoring them.  Preston is set for his hike on the Road Fork and Whipple Sections.  I think the only thing that I'll have to do is give him the location of grocers, the bar and restaurant.  Which means that it's just about time to plan for M L's resupply if she'll need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment