Search This Blog

2016/01/04

Log 2016010401

I performed a system test of OTHR's Map Updates via e-mail for Buckeye Trail only. And the following either failed, or I omitted to send a test message to them:

Stockport Section - BT
American Discovery Trail (ADT) Ohio & Kentucky (OHKY) East
ADT OHKY West [inclding the South Midwest Route (SMR)]
North Country Trail (NCT) Ohio Southwest and East

And these ones don't exist yet:
ADT OHKY North Midwest Route (NMR)
NCT Ohio West

At the moment, I can still publish to them from Blogger, but e-mail is preferred sometimes because if I don't have cellular data signal, it will sit in the "outbox" and wait to send until I do.

A joint in the bars that drive the windshield wipers on my 2008 Chevy HHR LS popped and now the driver's side doesn't work.  I popped it back in and it worked for a while until I turned up the speed to high.  Then it popped back out again.  I missed my last opportunity to go to a local dealership and see what my options are.  Now I have to go today with one day left before I depart for a hiking trip.  And I'm hoping that it's just a cap that the ball joint secures into.  Otherwise, I anticipate that the bars are not in stock that they'll have to order them.  If that's the case, I hope that the January 5th is a clear day, so that I catch up with them at a dealer that's down trail.

Right now, all but Smartphone Battery C has been charged.  And I'm waiting on whether I should mount my studded tires on my road bike.  I'm not sure if they'll accumulate mud on the backcountry roads in Southern Ohio that assume won't have any snow on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment