Search This Blog

2015/05/21

Log 2015052101

- The news today is that westbound thru hikers on the North Country Trail just crossed over from the State of New York to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.  That puts them about 530 miles, or about 30 hiking days away from the Whipple Section - BT/ NCT.

- Whipple's current status is that about 6 of it's 13.89 miles of off-road are cleared, mostly thanks to members of the Trail Management Team of the Buckeye Trail Association to whom I owe a debt of gratitude. The trail is now free of obstructions from Pt. 02 (10/2010 map) to Pt. 03 - W @ Felter/ Chandler Road/ T381, as well as about 1 mile inside heading CCW from Pt. 06.  And in the middle of Pt. 01 - S to 02, we have two hanging trees within about 100 yards of each other that are both in the middle of being cleared.

-I'm in town today buying antifreeze, eating restaurant food and charging batteries.  I've been boondocking The Cramper since the 17th just off the trail.  I just texted a relative it's location today.  For my security, I won't tell you folks reading this now where it is until after I leave there.  It's not a a good roadside camp anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment