Search This Blog

2015/05/13

Log 2015051301

About economy lodging in the Whipple area.  I've stayed at the Magnuson Hotel By The River in Marietta



and the hotel formerly known as the Magnuson Hotel By The Interstate.



The hotel in Marietta is more like a "motel" and the establishment in Williamstown, West Virginia is what most would expect from a hotel (having interior corridors), but a works in progress. Not to mention that they've changed brands recently.  I've have yet to have any bad bugs with either, They're both inexpensive, they have continental breakfasts, but they're full of carbohydrates and hikers could use some fruit.

As the webmaster of the Ohio Transit Hikers Resource, I tend to be immersed in the logistics of getting hikers to and from the trail and amenities.  Now, I have data on public parking areas, but as I know now, none of them are what I call "All Weather," which are plowed areas in the winter that are attached to a plowed road that are suitable for a front wheel drive (FWD) vehicle to get in and out of should the amount of snow along the Whipple Section ever exceed 3 inches.

But make no mistake about it, the Whipple Section can be snowshoed.  I don't have a set of cross country skis, but maybe them as well, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment