Search This Blog

2014/04/25

Log 2014042201

I took the bicycle out for a two mile round trip to the convenience store and back.  The truing on the rear wheel and the USB generator worked.  It's like I'm 2 for 2 today and I'm surprised that they didn't give me any trouble. As per how much drag the generator has on the bike, it's hard to say right now and it needs to be tested on a longer route.

So far, it didn't interfere with shifting. With it attached to my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a 7.5" screen and having it jammed on, the generator produced enough power to keep the battery at the same level it began with.  However, the smartphone alerted me that it was only getting a slow charge. That usually happens when it's connected to a USB 2.0 port. The Note 3 is a 3.0 phone.  Oh well, sustaining the level is good enough for me.

The new kickstand is a bit tall, but I haven't tested it with a full load in the rear carrier, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment