Search This Blog

2021/02/24

Final Stretch: Adventurer's Project, Part II

Adventurer's Project's support base is still weak in areas approximate to the Road Fork Section - Buckeye Trail (North Country concurrent0.  At some point, I would like to redouble my efforts in Noble and Monroe Counties, Ohio.  I think that we might be able to make a little something out of them.  But our Ohio River communities in the Upper Ohio Valley are a different story.  I think that they're going to require a little trickery?  Ordinarily, I would want to have Facebook Like ads going at the same time as we'd show up and take up shop at public locations in person and perhaps get people to come to our table in-person.  We'd go on tour from town to town on back to back days.  For starters, we just have to get them to like us at all.  But this is the COVID-19 pandemic and that's throwing a wrench in our plans.

Now I think that in concert with the like ads, we'll have to hold up a sign on the side of the highways on this corridor.  There are places to do that, but personally, I'm not sure if I should go out there until I'm vaccinated?  Maybe I could get away with just being masked?  My idea is to make this simple for the public.  Our sign should have the same image as our Facebook page's main photo.  If they see us with our sign, hopefully, they'll also see the Facebook like ad with the same image, be curious, like what we do and then like our Facebook page?  Once again, this has never been done before in the Buckeye Trail Association.  If we do this and it works, we'll be writing this play into the book.

But if we wait, I might be able to tuck a little money away into my Facebook ads account and perhaps donate a tidy sum at once?  I was thinking about a cardboard sign? But that wouldn't do very good in the rain, so this one should be made out of 3/8th ply and we should have two units.  Then again, maybe I should take up a plywood drive and perhaps get that donated to us?  In theory, if we were to take what we have now in Facebook likes from the Cities of Wheeling and Parkersburg, West Virginia and spend another $187 to get them up to a 1 like: 300 population ratio, it may be possible that our total number of likes in those cities might be massive enough to get the word of mouth to take over and do some trail promotion work for us?  I now know that our upcoming special presentation on March 23rd needs to be on our trail promotion gear, difficulties, strategies and such.

I haven't been very active about posting on our Facebook page, or logging things here.  The Final Report for Adventurer's Project is due at our business meeting on April 13th.  I just thought about this and I ought to throw in a fundraising idea and award for those who've completed The Wilderness Loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment